Friday, January 31, 2014

Day of Promises

Holy shamoley, it's the last day of January and I'm more motivated to share my prayers with all of you than when I began this journey 31 days ago. I made a promise to myself about this blog in order to pray daily. If you say you are genuinely committed to improving your prayer life, then do it. So, here we are...you, me, and God. I can't think of anything better!!

Promises, promises, and more promises. How many times have you heard:

"I promise to be faithful," only to learn so many marriages end due to infidelity. 

"I promise to be healthy," only to learn excessive obesity has become a serious health risk.

"I promise to love you," only to learn irreconcilable differences has become a household name.

Despite honorable intentions (I hope), we have taken the word promise and diminished it to something meaningless. So many people have been victims to empty promises that the very word makes them cringe. Yet, God made 3,000 promises in the Bible. If God takes promises seriously, shouldn't we value them as well? 

Day 31: Heavenly Father, thank you for keeping your promises to show your very flawed people mercy and grace. We are so fortunate to be your children. I know through your demonstration, delivering on promises fosters faith in people. I pray you will use me as a conduit in relaying your promises to those who have gone unfulfilled for so long. 

God, you have assured us our faith and commitment to an open relationship with you would reap great riches, both presently and eternally. Thank you for all I have received and will receive. Please reveal to the lost you have been with them forever and have fulfilled promises in their lives for which they are blinded to your role.

Lord, please strengthen my resolve to avoid making empty promises. When I cannot deliver on my commitments, I feel ashamed and unworthy of forgiveness. However, my fear and hesitancy to make promises limits the potential impact I could have in someone's life. Lord, please help me to worry less on the "how" and more on the "what!"

Thank you for this medium to speak with you candidly each day. Thank you for the faith promise opportunity to focus on the "what" instead of the "how." I trust you, Father, and promise to remain your faithful child!

I love you.


Photo: http://www.courageouschristianfather.com/2013/05/14/the-rainbow-a-covenant-from-god/


No comments:

Post a Comment