Sunday, January 26, 2014

Day of Perspective

Do you ever get so consumed with yourself, your problems, or your pride, that you lose perspective of what is truly important? I do. I have moments when I get frustrated with teenager stuff and fail to remember the very few times I ever have to correct this behavior. I have moments when I worry about how I'll pay for an emergency when there are people who worry about the source of their next meal. There are times when I've been enraged when children have been used as pawns in divorce when I could use this energy to maintain respectful dialogue with my girls' fathers. There are countless examples of when I've lost perspective in life and likely will have many more.

I try to be honest with myself and examine (sometimes in hindsight) if I am being reactionary and not seeing the big picture. I'm certainly not perfect and falter time and again, but hope with each introspection, I am able to broaden my view to one far above my vantage point. There is such peace and clarity when we can think beyond us.

Day 26: Heavenly Father, thank you for having a plan. I'm surprised I feel this way, but thank you for not sharing your plan and just asking me to trust you. Lord, I fear if I knew what the end game was for my life here on earth, I would try to manipulate and change the result if I wasn't interested. Is this why you don't share with us your path? We are so weak to man's pride, greed, and manipulation. Is this why you ask us to trust you because you know we really can't trust ourselves?

Father, please forgive me when I fail to look beyond myself. I feel so unworthy of your grace, Lord, when I can't keep your almighty plan at the center of my existence. Thank you for your gentle reminders nudging me back on your path. What a winding road we force ourselves to followl!! 

Father God, thank you for using Pastor Scott to deliver your messages. What a humble servant! Thank you for calling him to explore your Word and analyze the "ok, now what?" His messages today stuck with me so profoundly! Not only did you send your Son to die to save us from our sins, but also He rose to prove (give tangible evidence) He was who He claimed to be and all this for your purpose to use us for your works. Wow! Lord, I needed the "now that I'm a Christian, what do I do now" lesson! Thank you for providing perspective and keeping me grounded. Please open my ears to hear you, open my eyes to see you, and open my heart to live you!

I love you.




No comments:

Post a Comment