Thursday, January 2, 2014

Day of Comfort

Despite concern for my little one's health today, I am comforted by knowing God's hands can heal minds, bodies, and souls. Yesterday, my little girl started feeling a bit under weather. She soon developed a fever and frequent non-productive coughs. Her fever reached nearly 104 and caused much discomfort. But, it is in these moments I am reminded of God's great design for mommies' innate ability to care for others. I'm thankful for His plan and knowing what we can handle.

Day 2: Heavenly Father, despite being quite tired today as I cared for my little girl last night and today, I thank you for giving me the tools to care for her. Lord, fevers, coughing, lethargy can be quite scary; but, You provide parents (and, in particular, moms) with the tools necessary to evaluate objectively symptoms which might otherwise frighten a child. Thank you! 

Father God, thank you for blessing me with compassion, love, and understanding. Thank you for placing along my job path a position that provides me options to support my family financially, but also the flexibility to be able to support them physically. Thank you for providing doctors, scientists, and caregivers with knowledge to help diagnose, treat, and relieve symptoms specifically when children may only be able to say, "mommy, I don't feel well."

God Almighty, I know there are children who face ailments far more frightening than my little girl's flu-like symptoms. Likewise, I know these conditions may leave us at a loss of understanding when one of these little angels joins you in Heaven, prematurely in our minds. But, God, I find comfort in You. I find comfort knowing if I were to face such a tragedy, my beloveds would be welcomed into your loving embrace for eternity. I pray Father if the time comes when I need to help a loved one through such a tragedy of losing a child, I am able to articulate clearly the comfort I experience in our relationship.

Lord, may I turn to you always...in thanksgiving and gratitude...in sadness and confusion...in loss and bewilderment...in awe and respect...in whatever I'm feeling,

God may I always be drawn to you as my Father!

I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment