Sunday, January 19, 2014

Day of Vulnerabilities

Have you ever felt vulnerable? I think we all have at some point in our lives. Maybe when we were really little and had an accident because we didn't make it to the potty in time. I've watched my little one feel vulnerable when she has soiled herself; she feared ridicule.

When my older daughter had to get braces, she was fearful and vulnerable to presumptions of attacks of having braces in high school. When I've met someone new, I certainly have felt vulnerable and ashamed for having been married and divorced twice. The point, we all have vulnerabilities and can either hide under our shells or accept who we are, what we've experienced, and how others might learn from our situations. 

Day 19: Heavenly Father, thank you for not making me perfect and helping me accept myself just as I am, warts and all. I pray I can use my imperfections to help lead others to accept themselves as your beautiful children despite all our scars.

Lord, thank you for blessing our congregation with pastoral staff who openly reveal their vulnerabilities to relay your messages. I ask you to provide comfort to them as they experience pain and sadness just like any of your children. I am thankful for my pastors and their willingness to display their emotions. Sometimes, Lord, I think we place your servants on pedestals far removed from experiencing life's challenges. I am thankful our church leaders remind me they are just as vulnerable as I am. 

Please bless all the students and volunteers attending youth retreats this weekend. May they experience long lasting connections with you as the weekends of fun end. I pray you watch over them on their journeys home and lift them up when they feel vulnerable sharing your good word.

I love you.



No comments:

Post a Comment