Monday, January 13, 2014

Day of Light

As I was leaving the office this evening, I was elated to see the beautiful sunlight breaking through the clouds. I love this time of year! We've survived another shortest day of the year on December 21 and now have the privilege to witness the light shining down on us longer each day!

I'm enthralled by the miraculous color schemes of the evening sky. I certainly did not inherit the artistic gene as many of my family members did, so I can say literally, I could never create such a masterpiece through my imagination. I wonder if God intended these vibrant evening skies to remind us of His magnificence. I certainly like to think so. I wonder if He uses them as daily reminders of His constant presence in our lives. I certainly hope so!!

Day 13: Heavenly Father, thank you for painting our skies with your majestic touch. I'm in awe to your glory and the breathtaking views for which we are blessed to witness. I pray Lord, these glimpses into the beauty you release in our world provide uplifting moments for those needing a light to shine in their hearts.

"The heavens declare the glory of God; the skies proclaim the work of his hands." (Psalm 19:1 NIV)

Father God, it is entirely too easy for your people to take for granted these daily gifts, yet you remain faithful and steadfast. Lord, people try to use science and logic to explain away your work because it's easier than self examination and change. Perhaps people have a fall sense of your expectations. They fear rules. They fear selflessness. They fear the unknown. You call us to turn to you for all we need, yet to do so we must turn our backs on these safe, familiar places regardless of how dark, depressing, and damaging they may be. The decision is easy, yet countless times we fall into the traps of despair. Jesus, even in your darkest moment of desperation in the garden of Gethsemane, you faced your impending pain and suffering asking God only if it was His will could this fate pass you by. Lord, I pray I will encounter the challenging, the difficult, the uncomfortable head on because I know through your Son the path is well lit. 

God in Heaven, I used to have such guilt for this undeserved gift I know I could never return. But, I realize, your gift was no strings attached. Your gift revealed the light of opportunity to experience Heaven on Earth. Father, I ask to be part of your miraculous plan to let your brilliancy shine upon us and help to lift people out of the pits of hopelessness. I know the rich and rewarding life full of viewing your miraculous landscapes is just a prayer away!

I love you.


No comments:

Post a Comment