Friday, January 10, 2014

Day of Tasks

With an unplanned full week out of school, it appears many kiddos are ready to get back to the grind. Likewise, many parents faced the same feeling of needing life to return to normal with day-to-day tasks consuming our lives. Of course, I can appreciate this desire, but sometimes find myself a bit overwhelmed after a period of respite.

Perhaps, it's this nagging cough or facing many immediate tasks needing my attention, but I am spent this evening! I think that's what happens when we try to make up for lost time. Unfortunately, it's in these moments when I am most vulnerable to feeling under appreciated.

Day 10 - Heavenly Father, thank you for watching over me and my family today. I don't think I say it often enough, I appreciate just knowing your presence surrounds me, regardless of what consumes my attention. 

Lord, help me to show others I appreciate them and help me teach my children the importance of showing appreciation. Days like today in which I felt pulled in many directions trying to satisfy all the requirements of my time and attention, I feel overused and under appreciated. But, it is in these times I'm reminded how much I fall short in showing you my appreciation for all the beautiful blessings in my life. Father, thank you for listening to my words, feeling my heart, and comforting my distress. I know when I feel at a loss of the appropriate words to convey my concerns to others You speak through me clearly and compassionately.

My God, you are truly my friend. Thank you for always being by my side. I know despite these human responses, it is your love that matters and will help navigate the murky waters of distress.

I love you.



No comments:

Post a Comment