Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Day of Help

Asking for help seems to be such a difficult thing for me. Perhaps, it stems from childhood or some fear of appearing vulnerable. But, regardless of the reasons, everyone needs help.

As a single mom with very active children, I'm slowly realizing (I did say slowly, right) it's okay to ask for help. I've learned in those moments when people offer assistance, it is out of their generosity and genuine care for me. 

Day 8: Heavenly Father, today proved to be one of the opportunities to practice asking for help. Upon waking up with a fever, I was concerned about how to get my daughter to practice. Many people probably wouldn't think twice and ask a friend for assistance; but, Lord, you surely know I struggle in this area. Forgive me for teaching my daughter to have the same uncomfortableness asking for help as I have throughout my life. We come to You seeking wisdom, guidance, strength, and help and yet have a hard time asking the same of our loved ones? I recognize it actually takes away from others being able to demonstrate their love for us when we try to bear all of life's burdens. Through your direction, may we be more inclined to seek out help when we need it.

Father, thank you for your generosity to us with your Son. As someone who so desperately wants to follow His teachings, I pray I will examine myself openly and honestly to continue making changes where I clearly fall short.

God in Heaven, I ask for your comforting hands on hurting shoulders, for your wisdom and grace on your lost sheep, for your healing words for broken hearts, and above all, Lord I ask for your help. Work within me in areas I don't even realize need your help.

I love you.




No comments:

Post a Comment