Friday, January 17, 2014

Day of Smiles

Awaking to more snow this morning and running late (as usual), could've quite easily warranted some "dang rots" and grumblings. But, instead, I started the day smiling and giggling while my little one packed her massive sandwich into her small lunch box (well, small compared to her massive sandwich).

Our need to rush out the door only to find  a snow covered truck should've received some "crap, crap, craps" from me; instead, we danced and sang the way to school and accepted the situation for what it was...a day of hiccups. 

Every couple of weeks, I try to surprise someone by paying for their Starbucks order. I figured the onslaught of snow yet again was the perfect day to help someone smile despite the weather. Funny thing, I don't know why the barista always asks me "are you sure, their total is this much...." I always smile and reply, "of course, just let me know if you need more money on my card!" How awesome to help brighten someone's day!

There was a rather uncomfortable meeting I attended today and my presence received many confused stares and questionings. I suppose I could've respectfully declined the invite due to the awkward circumstances, but I'm happy I didn't. I learned some things occurring on other teams for which our collaboration will help foster consistency in the company. A win win, in my humble opinion and certainly worth my smiles. (Okay, some of my smiles also may have been labeled smirks at the absurdness of some things, but it was entertaining!!)

I was fortunate to witness some mature, respectful decisions being made by people involved in a personal situation which sure warmed my heart and gave me God pimples (thank you Holy Spirit!!) Man, were there smiles!!

My girls' grades are amazing!! My eldest is embarking on a weekend filled to the brim with His Spirit, faith, and fellowship...how could I not be smiling knowing my daughter's relationship with God is flourishing! Then, to plan a relaxing, cuddling weekend with my little one as more snow "traps" us indoors with movies, hot chocolate, and Legos...this is the stuff worth smiles.

Wow, what a day!! We can be distracted easily by molehills that we make into mountains, but then we might miss all the chances to smile and enjoy the good stuff!

Day 17: Heavenly Father, thank you for all the little moments! Thank you for the goofing, the dancing, the coffee runs, the absurdities, the personal growth, the faith journey, the snow traps. Such awesome moments to remember to smile and be thankful even when there are hiccups.

Lord, when we're stuck and don't think anything is working in our favor, please help us take a pause and remember all the good stuff. We can certainly choose to view all the hiccups, roadblocks, and mess with negativity, or we can let you fill us up with little glimpses into moments for massive smiles. 

Father God, there are two wonderful groups of kids traveling this weekend for Christ-centered fellowship. Please flood them with smiles. Please reach deep within them and touch their hearts. Heal wounds, break down walls, invigorate spirits. Lord, please safely return these children to their families and friends and let them be your light in the world!! 

Thank you for embracing me, loving me, and fostering a flame within me for which I hope will never extinguish!

I love you!


No comments:

Post a Comment