Saturday, January 4, 2014

Day of Trust

As I lie here sharing this prayer, I am reminded of the innocence of children. My little one is slowly overcoming her flu-like symptoms; but, this healing has been exhausting on her little body. When she awakened briefly, she appeared scared and sad. As she turned her teary-eyed face towards mine, she smiles, lays her head down on my shoulder, and returns peacefully to her slumber. Whatever may have startled her, she trusts me to comfort and protect her. How wonderful to be so innocent!!

As adults, along with joy has come heartache; along with safety, fear; and, along with trust, pain. Too often, we let the heartache, fear, and pain keep us from trusting relationships including one with God. However, if we could release all these bad experiences and trust Him, He can create something unimaginably positive in our lives!

Day 4 - Heavenly Father, I fall to my knees before You. Lord, take my brokenness and create something far beyond my imagination. You know the painful memories of a childhood distant from the one You chose to nurture me. You know the heartaches of two failed marriages. You know my fears for my children.

Jesus help me trust You to use me as a positive image for my mother. Please break down the protective wall I have built through placating. God in Heaven, please keep punching through my protective walls and share my fears for my mother's health directly with her. Lord, use me to reach her in a way that keeps her close. Father God, may I be of service to You? May You use my openness to help others trust in your love and protection? May I share your message of hope and trust through my stories of experience by saying "I know, I've been there, I can relate...and so has He?"

Father God, I thank You for forgiveness. Help me Lord to guide others to forgive. What a fantastic gift You provide us! So often, God, people fear forgiveness because they want to hold on to the pain to remind them of the hurt caused. Others fear forgiveness because they don't think it's just punishment. Still, others fear forgiveness because they can't forget. Lord in Heaven help me share my journey of forgiveness and the release of burden. How beautiful the gift...it's actually for us!! It allows us not to be defined by others' indiscretions. It allows us to be freed from the burdens of past pains! It frees us to see a new path! 

Oh God, please forgive me. God Almighty, You know of two for whom I struggle to forgive. Lord, please continue working in me. Sometimes I rationalize my parenting under the guise of just being protective. But, Lord, You know it is out of fear from experiences so deep and painful I cannot fathom my children experiencing. I trust in you, Jesus. I will continue working to break down these protective walls.

Father, I thank you for working on my broken heart. Please keep me walking down your path with open eyes and an open heart. Whatever your will, Lord, may I be the person You seek me to be and if it is your will, may I find the person who will work for your will!!

I trust you, Jesus. I trust you, God. I trust you, Holy Spirit...please keep the God pimples coming!!

I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment