Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Day of Support

Part of this prayer circle blog may involve repeating prayers. Quite literally, praying circles around something may be needed to help find God's answer to something weighing us down. Being accepting of help/support is one of those areas which I need continuous prayers to work on my arrogance of somehow being the only one who can do it all.

Everyone needs support at some point in their lives. Some may not want to accept it; but in reality, they receive unsolicited support daily. Employees in the service industry fill our need for nourishment. Our daily mail delivery provides an avenue to promote communication. DJs play the tunes to lift our spirits and comfort our hearts. Ministers share God's messages through anecdotes connecting our daily lives to God's plans. There are countless examples of how others aid us without our acknowledgement.

Day 15: Heavenly Father, thank you for all the requested and volunteered help I received today and every day. You know my heart and know the difficulties I've had in my life asking for and accepting help from others. I'm sure part of it is pride. I have tried to be the foundation for others and am embarrassed when I "can't do it all." Father, thank you for the reminders today everyone needs help, even me. When we allow others to lend a hand, we allow them to show their love for us.

I pray, Lord, I am open and appreciative of support extended to me. What an amazing day!! Awakening to one of my favorite songs reminded me through your strength, wisdom, and support, we can overcome any battles faced in this life. What a wonderful example of support!! Despite feeling under appreciated for my work efforts, receiving feedback to the contrary motivated me to work even harder. What a wonderful example of support! Witnessing the joy and care a friend showed his newborn baby reminded me of how much aid we've received since infancy. What a wonderful example of support! After spectators watched countless matches tonight, their cheering for the last match, my daughter's match, motivated her to a reversal. What a wonderful example of support!

God, you are the epitome of support! You provide us with a righteous path, the freedom to choose to follow, the comfort and grace for our failures, and the rewards of happiness and blessings for a personal relationship with you. What wonderful examples of support!

Lord, may we be open and accepting to asking and receiving help! We may, in fact, be helping someone else fulfill their need to offer support to others!

I love you.



No comments:

Post a Comment