Saturday, January 11, 2014

Day of Music

Do you know anyone who doesn't like music? It's like a universal language with the differing genres like dialects speaking to our souls in varying ways.

Some days music comforts our hearts, other days it lifts our spirits. Some days music expresses our emotions, other days it transports us to a different time/place. What a beautiful gift from God!

Day 11: Heavenly Father, thank you for the sweet melodies for every moment. What a way to worship you! Lord, I am entranced by the tones created through voice and instruments delivering delightful messages to the soul. I truly want to "fall on my knees to hear the angel voices!" Thank you thank you thank you.

God, despite moments when music may bring about sadness as it elevates disheartening memories, it can also be a reminder of your amazing gift of forgiveness. There have been two songs (pieces) of which I have avoided listening as they brought about such feelings of sadness. But, Lord upon lifting those burdens to you, I am able to experience the joy! Thank you for filling my senses once again! 

Father God, I pray for your comfort for anyone whose burdens are great and weighing them down. May they be drawn to you Jesus as the guiding source for true freedom from despair. I pray for them to open their hearts and minds and be transformed. Let them be filled! Let them hear the music again.

I love you.


No comments:

Post a Comment