Friday, January 3, 2014

Day of Rest

I think we can all relate to days where we've lacked much needed rest. Perhaps, we're overworked, consumed with children, or burdened by some concern. Sometimes, I feel guilty ever feeling this temporary moment of exhaustion, particularly in comparison to what Job experienced. But, I must remember, I am human and my body was designed to warn me of the need for physical rest. Perhaps, God created warning lights within us so we don't pull away from Him or become consumed only with ourselves and burdens. My physical signs are nausea and shaking feeling when I lack necessary rest. Today, was one of those days after caring for the little one and functioning on a couple of hours of sleep.

Day 3: Heavenly Father, I come to you now first to thank you for those physical reminders to be respectful of our temples. Lord, it's so easy to run down with the daily hubbub. We consume ourselves with activity and wishing we had just a few more hours in the day. My God, thank you for not providing those, but rather warning us to slow down, take a respite, and rejuvenate.

I ask for forgiveness that I don't listen sometimes until I'm functioning on vapors. I yearn for clarity in priorities, Lord! There are times when I know I should close my eyes and rest, but get distracted with the absurdity of television or silly phone games. You know me better than I know myself Father God. Please use your Heavenly spotlight on this path of rest.

Thank you for helping my daughters enjoy some much needed rest during this winter break and be refreshed for the new school semester. May I use your example through them for my own recuperation.

“Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. (Matthew 11:28 NIV)

I love you.



No comments:

Post a Comment