Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Day of Thanks

While schools remain closed for another day, businesses delay operation start ups, I am reminded of how much I've enjoyed these last few days home with my daughters. I suppose I could grumble about being home bound or having cabin fever, but what relief would I feel from these temporary releases? Certainly, venting has its place, but do we miss the good stuff if we are too quick to complain?

I read such a beautiful post from one of the most amazing moms with whom I've become friendly during these last years of wrestling. She was EXCITED about another day snowbound with her family. They've taken the virtual community shutdown to play games, bake treats, watch movies, exercise together, and enjoy each other's company...how wonderful!! I'm thankful to get to know this family; her joy has touched my heart!

Day 7: Heavenly Father, thank you for helping me see the good stuff. Whether it be through your direct intersection in my life or through witnessing your work in others, I am indebted! Even now, despite feeling I may have contracted the little one's bug, I'm thankful. The dancing dork was lively and joyous today, how refreshing to see her healing! The dedicated athlete tackled her home workout quickly and efficiently to maintain her integrity as a member of team army! How proud I am and thankful for my children's demeanor despite being "stuck at home."

Lord, thank you for the opportunity to serve you through this medium. I am humbled by the compliments I have received. Father God, all glory to You for laying on my heart the call to share our conversations openly.

I do ask You to forgive me for placating my faith, Lord. So often, I talk about our relationship with clarifiers using phrases like "here's how God speaks to me" or "my faith teaches me" out of fear. I try to live by example and hope my life speaks of your grace and mercy. I hide behind complacent words out of fear of turning someone away or being too in your face. But, Jesus, you are real, you are here, and you are fact; there's no need to have clarifiers with facts. Please continue working in my to be your disciple!

Lord, lastly, thank you for medicine and empathetic children. As I experience these flu like symptoms, I know they are simply temporary compared to the sufferings of others. Knowing, God, I have children who are respectful and understanding to the needs of their mommy helps to expedite the healing process of these miraculous bodies!!

I love you.




No comments:

Post a Comment