Monday, January 6, 2014

Day of Resourcefulness

Boy oh boy, today easily could have been consumed with negativities found in the human condition. Pride, ego, sadness, anger, resentment resonated when I first stepped outside in the bitter cold. Initially, pride and ego took hold as I shoveled the walkway; but, was thwarted within minutes when my fingers were stabbing with pain from the cold.

Changing gloves, I continued with the task, but quickly succumbed to overwhelming feelings of sadness, anger, and resentment as I vented about being in a situation in which I was shoveling what seemed to be never ending task. That doggone stabbing started again!

It seemed I was making little progress, perhaps more with my attitude than the task at hand. As I moved into the sun, a thought occurred to me, how resourceful I felt! I realized all the negativity may be what was holding back my progress. I started praying, thanking God for the ability to accomplish tasks which may seem overwhelming to others. I thanked Him for helping me to face negative emotions head on. I thanked Him for providing me clarity to see past the crud and on to the beauty of even the cold, exhausting task of shoveling a foot of snow. Some might say this is coincidence (in my view, a God instance), but when my attitude changed, my hands warmed up enough to accomplish the task!

Day 6: Heavenly Father, thank you for the snow. Thank you for the cold. Thank you for your reminders today. Lord, we are missing opportunities to experience You! We are consumed with destructive feelings holding us back from moments to let You lead us.

Father God, thank you for helping me survive life's challenges. Thank you for laying a path before me which led to being right where I am in life, caring for these two cherubs. Thank you God for helping me see the value in being resourceful. Today, while I shoveled and spoke to you, I had an opportunity in which I could have hired someone to finish my drive. It would've saved me an hour of being in the cold. But, had I chosen "the easy way out," I likely wouldn't have had the same moments of reflection and appreciation for my circumstances. Thank you thank you thank you!!

Jesus, I ask for your presence and warmth to surround those without electricity, those without shelter, and those without a relationship with You. Lord, please reveal yourself in a tangible way to those who are lost. Please use me in whatever capacity You see fit to help your sheep!

Father, thank you for the gift of resourcefulness. Our conversation today may have been lost to negativity and a snow plow!

I love you




No comments:

Post a Comment