Thursday, January 23, 2014

Day of the Spirit

With yet another day of schools delayed and closed due to subzero temperatures and wind chills dropping in some areas to -35, I was expecting to read all the discontent about this weather (I am just as guilty as anyone else). But, I was not only proven wrong, but completely elated to read and view the countless images of the morning sky.

From what I understand, many witnessed a rainbow, a light arc, and a nearly blinding sunrise. In a previous prayer, I mentioned how in awe I am to God's painted canvases in the sky. Today, I continued feeling utter admiration for how the Holy Spirit touched so many people as they stepped away from the justified grumbles and recognized the beauty placed before them! Moments like these remind me of how God can touch anyone, believer or not, with His majesty!

Day 23: Heavenly Father, thank you for descending your Spirit on so many beautiful souls today. Even though I didn't gaze upon the actual canvas of this morning's sky, I did witness the miraculous painting on so many hearts! Thank you!

How incredibly uplifting to awaken to your people giving thanks for your morning sky! Lord, it gives me hope. I suppose you could have taken the snow away or warmed the air a bit, but had you responded to the obvious, would we have missed your true magnificence and presence today? I fear we may have. Father, thank you for giving us exactly what we needed. Today, Lord, we needed your Spirit enveloping us, reminding us of the beauty around us, and the spectacular joy found in life if we slow down and look around. Thank you for these tears of happiness I shed right now. You touch my heart, Dear Lord, and I can never stop thanking you!!

Father God, I pray the spark of the Spirit today was just the beginning. I pray for anyone "on the fence" about your existence may have seen the unforgettable sky this morning and has improved clarity to your role in their lives. I ask to be used in any capacity you see fit to share my testimony of your existence and the never ending love and joy to be experienced with a personal relationship with you. Thank you, God, for loving us just right!

I love you.


Photo: Gene Siglin, Henry County | Jan 23, 2014 

No comments:

Post a Comment