Sunday, January 5, 2014

Day of Peace

In our overly busy lives, we forget to take time and experience the peace of our surroundings. The onslaught of snow in the area caused frantic response at the grocery stores, on the roads, and in our lives. But, upon waking this morning to the fresh snow, I was reminded of the beautiful peace of being "snowed in."

I stepped on my porch, the girls still fast asleep, and took in the surroundings. Despite the continuous flakes, I heard birds chirping. Despite the need to "clear out," I witnessed neighbors playing. Despite the frigid temps, I watched a squirrel frolicking in the fresh blanket! How glorious!

Day 5: Heavenly Father, thank you! Thank you for this bit of respite to take in my surroundings and be at peace. Lord, I know humans are in a constant state of "go," but I don't think that was your plan for our lives. It's relationship. Wow, what a day to witness relationship!! How do You do it, Father? How do You constantly keep me in awe of your great purpose? Thank you. Thank you for helping me keep my eyes open to this peaceful tranquility laid before us today. 

God in Heaven, I do ask for you to be with those in need of a warm place to stay and food for their nourishment. Thank you for working in the lives of so many people in our communities reaching out to those in need and offering them peace of mind, even if for only a moment. My God, You are an amazing God! Lord, I read and heard grumbling about the cold and wet weather. But, Lord, even in those moments, I witnessed a bit of peace from those grumbling as parents took in the sight of your winter wonderland, sharing special moments with friends and family. Thank you...thank you...thank you!!

In all this peace, Jesus, I do ask for your forgiveness for my distractedness today as I briefly felt spent from the little one's cough. Father, she is only 5, but after two days of coughing nearly constantly, I was becoming agitated. Please forgive me. As I lie here patting her back listening to her sleeping peacefully, I am reminded of how this day began and pray I develop greater patience.

Lastly, Lord, thank you for sharing with us  your Prince of Peace. Thank you for guiding me toward a personal relationship with your Son and my Savior. Thank you for the opportunity to worship from home today and the wonderful surprise of my girls joining me this morning. Father God, what joy and peace it brings to my heart witnessing my children on their faith journeys! We are blessed by your grace and mercy!!

I love you.


Photo posted on Pinterest from The Commons Getty

No comments:

Post a Comment