Thursday, February 6, 2014

Day of Realness

I think many of us have concealed ourselves at one point or another. Sometimes it's out of shame, other times out of embarrassment. I know for me in the past, I've lost myself in situations, also becoming like a chameleon to the interests of others. It's ok if you want to try new things, but definitely not healthy if you are trying to appease someone out of fear of not being liked or angering someone.

This year has been a pivotal transition for me, I'm so thankful. For once, it seems I am just comfortable with me, what my priorities are, and what God expects of me. When I learn others are also being true to themselves, it brings me such joy! Be who God made you to be, not what society wants you to be! I listened to a fantastic sermon a while back. The tag line was "are you the person you're looking for is looking for." I can say proudly, I am.

Day 36: Heavenly Father, thank you for making it easy to know you. Thank you for being the center of my life and the work you're doing within me and those for whom I care deeply. 

Lord, what can I do to be a better servant for you? How can I help teach others to be less concerned about the stuff of this life and focus on loving enough to get into the next life.

Father God, I don't want to be restrained by my own fear. Please continue laying on my heart the benefits of realness and motivate me when I falter. It brings such relaxation to my spirit to know I am being all I can be for your army!

I love you.




No comments:

Post a Comment