Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Day of Regret

I'm not sure if this was the most appropriate title for this prayer; but, alas, it's set in stone! It gives the suggestion, I've faltered in some way and regret it in some capacity. Part of it is just that, but my response to it is this fantastic feeling of fulfilling a purpose.

I had a fantastic evening last night attending the Pacers game and trying a new restaurant. It was wonderful and I'm so happy plans worked out! Unfortunately, I got in so late, I went right to bed. I felt so guilty for not spending this dedicated time with God. Like I seem to do a lot, I started to beat myself up for missing a day and not following my myriad of self-imposed rules; but, instead what I feel is pure joy!! I love feeling this regret because it affirms for me this prayerful time is having direct impact in my life (and maybe someone else out there). How can I be too hard on myself? I hear God loud and clear and will accept this is a day of thanksgiving for feeling regret!!

Day 34: Heavenly Father, thank you for your mercy. So often, I find I'm beating myself up despite the fact you have already granted me mercy. It seems kind of arrogant of me to think I somehow should attack myself when you love me despite of myself. Lord, I know I'm not perfect, I tell my daughter all the time only Jesus was perfect. Why do I speak out of both sides of my mouth?

God, how glorious to be blessed with this opportunity to speak so candidly! I spend too much time choosing my words carefully, approaching relationships cautiously, and exhausting myself with what-ifs. Lord, I need to be trusting you...period! The only thing I want to regret, Father, is not loving you more. You've done the rest!!

I love you.


No comments:

Post a Comment