Thursday, February 6, 2014

Day of Children

I think it's pretty clear, I adore my children. No, those are not paid actors who let me use their pictures! After my relationship with God, my girls are the most precious relationships in my life. Whose children aren't? You'd actually be surprised!

I'm aghast at the number marriages ending in bitterness and children becoming the pawns of negotiation. It should be the exception to hear "oh, you're sitting at a sporting event with your ex? I could never do that!" This is actually the norm and it shocks me! I've gone through two divorces and in neither situation did it even occur to me to use my children to get back at their dads for some reason. In fact, I would say I probably endure extra uncomfortableness on occasion in order to ensure my girls do not feel they are pitted against either parent. I'm not trying to win brownie points here! What I am pointing out is despite all the pains and hurts from divorce, the adults are the ones parting ways, it has nothing to do with the children. Our society needs to stop using our children for agendas against another parent and learn to work together for the good of the children involved!

Day 37: Heavenly Father, thank you for ensuring my eyes were open to surrender to the needs of my children even when it meant sacrificing something for me. I am indebted to you for my maternal gene. I wonder if me being a mommy and doing things selflessly for my girls despite not having an appropriate relationship with my own mother to emulate was your plan all along.

God, please provide comfort to those with whom I care deeply who are facing the divorcee battles and agendas. Please remind them that you are the source of strength to make appropriate decisions to best fit the needs of their children. 

Lord, we need some help down here! Holy Spirit, please work within those with whom I'm concerned are stuck under the crud of resentment, anger, bitterness, jadedness, and hatred. Father in Heaven, there's an easier way; please, help them see it!! I trust in you and pray others can too!

I love you.




No comments:

Post a Comment