Monday, February 24, 2014

Day of Recharge

Everyone needs a day or two to recharge! I think most people view the weekends as providing time for such renewal, but it can happen anytime, in my humble opinion.

Oftentimes, I think people translate rest, relaxation, respite, recharge (or whatever r-word comes to mind) to mean physical and mental (although, I bet we forget this part too). But, what about spiritual? This doesn't necessarily mean just going to church, listening to a sermon, and heading out into the world. 

The world according to Jasmine views a spiritual recharge surpassing the obvious. Absolutely, prayer, worship, and fellowship with believers is essential in our faith journeys; but, for me a spiritual recharge includes my interactions with others. When anyone interacts with me, I hope what they receive is love. Genuine love...that's my spiritual recharge!

Day 55: Heavenly Father, thank you for creating me through love. Thank you for designing humans to require a recharge. In my eyes, Lord, you designed us to need physical, mental, and spiritual renewal in order to maintain perfect balance and achieve at-one-ment with you!

God, I think I'm in tune with my body to know when I'm not in perfect balance and a recharge is necessary. Is that arrogant? Why do I feel like it's easy for me to identify and not so easy for others? Is it possible to help teach others how to find the internal balance between physical, mental, and spiritual elements of their lives? Or is it just naturally easier for others? My goodness, I don't know yet what my spiritual gift is, but if it has to do with helping people with attitude, spiritual strength, or balance, I can't wait! (Not to say I can wait if it's something else, I just feel comfortable in these areas.)

Father God, I want to help people experience the tranquility I have in this life. You know I get frustrated and discouraged in moments; but overall, I try to live by the "don't sweat the small stuff" motto and recognize the necessity of a recharge exists. The greatest recharge for me seems to be sharing conversations with others, even perfect strangers. It's amazing the adjustment in my attitude when a person in the service industry, for example, is taken aback when I ask how they're doing. Seeing someone's smile after from a simple exchange like that warms my spirit!

Lord, thank you for your clarity and wisdom to help me live a balanced physical, mental, and spiritual life. I trust in your physical reminders when something's out of sync and I need a recharge.

I love you.


Source: http://huijun1910.wordpress.com/2010/03/02/from-dreadful-loneliness-to-blissful-solitude/

No comments:

Post a Comment