Thursday, March 13, 2014

Day of Following

Over the last couple of months, our pastor's messages have resonated with me to show love. As I mentioned a few days ago, I firmly believe God's timing is intentional for where I am in my life. After the loss of my brother, something had to change. I could no longer show God's love at arm's length or in a constant state of prefacing every interaction with "this is just what I believe."

Then, came the sermons :-) First, prayer, not in theory, but practical application. Second, Jesus Christ, all attributes: teacher, miracle worker, rebel, leader, Savior. Third, Holy Spirit, the who and the why. Presently, Disciples, how can we multiply and exponentially transform lives through the two greatest commandments: Love God and love each other. Perhaps, Pastor Scott didn't have a roadmap getting us specifically to multiply disciples, but I firmly believe God's plan was calculated and fulfilled intentionally through our pastor! What an honor to follow this "yellow brick road" to build others for the glory of God!

Day 70: Heavenly Father, thank you for your faithfulness in your people to commit to your Word:

"Then Jesus came to them and said, “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.” (Matthew 28:18-20 NIV)

Lord, considering who you are and the power bestowed on the original disciples, it's difficult to wrap my mind around being able to have the same impact. I'm not the most knowledgable, I have doubts in my abilities, and I am scared of rejection. But, I trust you, God. I place my life before you and I am prepared to receive your wisdom to answer the tough questions, I embrace what we spiritual gift you've provided (even hospitality), and I find comfort knowing rejection itself is out of others' fears of needed changes in their lives. I fall to my knees in awe of your greatness! 

I love you.



No comments:

Post a Comment