Sunday, March 9, 2014

Day of Grace

I loved the Hunger Games series! Although the topic was rather barbaric, I found them fascinating by the storyline's unique quality. However, when I saw the first movie, I nearly left the theater five minutes into the movie. I read the same things depicted in the movie, but my imagination only let me visualize so much...thank goodness. When the same information was portrayed visually through someone else's imagination, I was overwhelmed with despair.

Similarly, most people have read or heard the description of Christ's crucifixion. Even though we've been told and read of it's horrific nature, it's really hard to process the true gruesome nature of it all through words. Have you seen Son of God? What about Passion of the Christ? The story's vivid portrayal of what Christ experienced all through man's cruelty is nearly too much to bear. I am convinced, it is only through the grace of God we walk the earth today. I don't know about you, but if either of my daughters suffered even a glimpse of the thrashing of our Savior, my animalistic Momma Bear would surface.

Day 67: Heavenly Father, thank you for your mercy and grace on such a self-serving people. Thank you for making us witness our own cruelty. Thank you for not treating us the way we have so harshly treated you.

Lord, what is it about humans that we continue sinning even though we have heard and "seen" what our sins cost and the manner in which you were lost? Is it not enough you sacrificed your only Son to save us? Is it not enough our evil ways forced a brutal, torcherous death? Is it not enough you saved us when we can't even put you first? Why are you gracious and merciful? How can we be created in your image yet treat you so viciously?

Father God, I am in awe by the measure of your love for us. We are not deserving. We are blessed by your grace and should work on ourselves to bestow such grace toward others. Thank you for still giving us a chance, despite our countless flaws and sins.

I love you.


Source: https://mubi.com/films/the-passion-of-the-christ

No comments:

Post a Comment