Monday, March 3, 2014

Day of Simplicity

I've always thought my ideas of fun were a bit quirky, quite a bit dorky, and viewed by most as boring. It turns out, I might not be living in my own world after all!

I read an article today by Darlene Schacht titled "15 Date Night Ideas That Don't Break the Bank!" I was surprised by the number of activities to share quality time with someone without taking out a loan to impress. Some of my favorites: having a picnic, playing a board game, and taking a forest walk. How awesome to share similar ideas and receive several nods of agreement. 

My versions have a few twists:
- Evening coffee/tea/hot chocolate and board game fun at your favorite coffee shop

- Grab a basketball and head to the court for a rousing game of HORSE...if you're both terrible shooters, the howls of laughter from missed shots will make lasting memories

- Relive childhood joys at the playground swinging away on the swings, sliding down slides, and playing on the monkey bars followed by a PB&J picnic

- Sharing a picnic meal downtown with the homeless

So, either there are several people who live in Jasmine's quirky, dorky, boring world or I've been enlightened to more people enjoying simple things than I once thought! It seems to me the less distracted we are with the "what to do together," the more we can cherish the "person with whom we're spending time!"

Day 62: Heavenly Father, thank you for creating me to enjoy simplicity! Thank you for my quirky, dorky, lighthearted demeanor! 

Lord, as I read the news today, it was incredible to read the prevalence of the political turmoil facing your people throughout the world. Coupled with this worldly upheaval, so many of your people face personal battles with bills, addictions, and sinfulness. Please help me share calming words and offer simpler techniques to help others experience joy in little things and love for others even when surrounded by many worldly and personal afflictions!

Father God, I thank you for providing your people a magnificent roadmap to follow in order to experience Heaven on earth. Your Word provides the guidance needed to live rich fulfilled lives through simplicity! My devotion to you is pure and simple, maybe that's why I'm attracted to simplicity! Thank you for creating me to be who I am!

I love you.


Picnic background source: http://www.yumsugar.com/Picnic-Planning-Tips-22441374


No comments:

Post a Comment