Saturday, March 1, 2014

Day of Heroes

What characteristics do you seek in a hero? Off the top of my head, I'd list moral, pure, trustworthy, upright, compassionate, fair, and protective as adjectives describing my view of heroes.

Usually, we view heroes as standouts from the crowd, displaying attributes unique to most people (at least, all packaged in one individual). Maybe, that's why it's so easy for me to consider Jesus my hero! He exemplified each of these traits and so many more. It would be incredibly amazing if I learned the first superheroes were created with Jesus as the model!!

Day 59: Heavenly Father, thank you for being my hero! Thank you for providing a life model full of unyielding love for God and His people! 

Lord, I am in awe of your unending greatness and crave your direction. I desire to share characteristics like yours. The greatest honor to me would be for anyone with whom I interact to experience my hero through my actions! 

Father God, why does society elevate on pedestals people who display immoral behaviors or those who are perpetually dishonest, proud, or lack integrity because they have some musical talent, athletic skill, and humorous acting? I don't even recall superheroes displaying these negative qualities. Yet, it seems those we lift up in society are those who display the exact opposite of what I would consider to be traits of a hero. 

Father, would it be within your plan to highlight your modern disciples who emulate hero qualities to provide a reset of views for the human race? I have such a faith in you and your people, Lord. I trust if a reset helps fulfill your great story, more heroes displaying Jesus-like qualities will walk among us and be lifted on pedestals by even the most staunch atheists! All for your glory!

I love you.





No comments:

Post a Comment