Friday, May 16, 2014

Day of Storms

Wow, what crazy weather we've been having here in Indiana! What's it like in your neck of the woods? As with many of you, I've been discussing the forecasting and meteorology with my friends. I'm not sure what your tone was toward meteorologists and their ability to predict the weather, but mine has been pretty empathetic. I took meteorology in college and genuinely feel bad for those who have to predict what fronts and pressures will do and how slight deviations from projections can utterly change the ball game.

Life's kinda like this, isn't it? It seems we can be on a steady path, with a certain plan to follow, and a slight detour from the path can take us completely off course. I try to live my life not spending too much time trying to predict the future. Life is going to throw all sorts of curveballs, just like fluctuations of barometric pressure. If I spend too much time trying to plan for what I think will happen, often I overlook positive things right in front of me or worse, I'm completely obliterated when one of life's storms steers me off my planned course.

I challenge you to spend less time worrying about what could be and more time embracing what is! Lean on God to guide you through the storms of life...I'm pretty sure His predicting skills are far better than ours.

Day 101: Heavenly Father, thank you for guiding me through the storms in my life. Thank you for the peace of mind you bring knowing I am never alone. Thank you for allowing me to face storms and growing a closer relationship with you.

Lord, life's just plain hard. Just when we think it's all lollipops and gumdrops, liver gets thrown in the mix (btw, did you intend for people to eat liver...blech). We feel so overwhelmed by the storms, we assume we are alone and no one has ever had it so bad. But, Father, your Son faced the greatest storms of all. He demonstrated His vulnerability in the garden, but trusted your plan to the cross. I pray we speak to you with the same trust, express our questioning with the same vulnerability, and ultimately let you guide use through any storms we face to ensure we follow the path you've laid out for us. I'm in awe with your patience for us and thank you.

I love you.


Source: http://www.successandfailure.net/blog/2012/07/18/overcoming-the-storms-of-life/

No comments:

Post a Comment