Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Day of Inspiration

I've written previous prayers desiring God's work to be seen through me. You may recall I mentioned a song by JJ Weeks Band titled "Let Them See You Through Me." I'm currently on a bowling trip and getting to know some new members of our group. One girl was sharing her role in the workplace. Let me just tell you, I cried.

How often have you felt frustrated and impatient with people who may suffer reduced mental capacity? I know I have! In fact, I shamefully admit, I'd prefer to steer clear of such individuals. It's because I feel inferior to meet their needs and I'm too sensitive to let their untintentionel, but inappropriate comments roll off my back. Not this lovely woman! She works with customers with all sorts of mental illnesses and she cares for them. She takes their threats, their physical attacks, and still cares for them. She's invited one lady into her home to offer assistance and support because she knows without this one-on-one care, the lady could be in bad shape. 

This woman's patient, selfless, compassionate heart reminded me of Jesus. She's living Christ's example! She's truly letting people see God through her! What an honor to meet such a lovely woman!

Day 102: Heavenly Father, thank you for bringing such a lovely woman into my life. Thank you for touching her soul in such a way she shares your love with all your children. Thank you for letting her story touch my soul! Thank you for your Son's great lessons teaching me to love.

Lord, what a blessing to meet such an inspirational lady. I'm disappointed in myself Jesus' examples of how to love all your children don't always reach me. I am thankful you reveal the same lessons through those with whom I interact. I pray I learn from this exposure. I pray for additional patience and understanding for those who suffer mental illness. I pray I see what she sees. I pray for their care and safety. I pray for their nurturing and guidance through life.

Father God, I am thankful for this loving woman who inspires me. Thank you for creating me to be forthright, ask questions, and learn from your children.You're always revealing beautiful hearts and souls to me. Thank you. I pray I may be an inspiration to others by letting them see you through me.

I love you.


Source: http://eatmoveinspire.com/10-habits-of-being-an-inspiration/

No comments:

Post a Comment