Sunday, May 4, 2014

Day of Facelift

You may have noticed I've made modifications to the titles of my posts. I don't know if it was my daughter looking out for me or getting tired of listening to me worry about being "behind" in my prayer blog. Whatever the motivation, she encouraged me to simply remove the dates from the titles of my blog. It's funny how such a simple "facelift" can change your perspective. The blog is still in tact; the purpose is still genuine; but, the tracking of my posts has been modified. I was stressing. about being behind. I was stressing about the time I want to ensure I dedicate to each prayer. I was stressing about disappointing anyone out there who may be reading the posts. I think all legitimate concerns, but taking away from the primary purpose which is to spend time in prayer with God. Granted I get a huge bonus (a warm fuzzy, if you will) if I learn my blog may help someone in some way, but the primary focus is a selfish one. I want to ensure I stay true to the first prayer, having daily conversations with God.

As we've seen in society, facelifts change the visual, but can't fill the void found lying underneath the surface. This is no different with this prayer blog. Tricking my mind to not be disappointed if I haven't posted something every day is only surface; the underlying void I have been feeling can only be fulfilled through conversations with my Lord. I'm thankful my daughter made the suggestion to modify the titles because now I have no excuse for not reaching out to God.

Day 96: Heavenly Father, thank you for placing such a mature young lady in my care. Thank you for speaking through her and reminding me of my original intent. Thank you for your patience as I've worked through this journey to rejuvenate my underlying goal.

Lord, I humbly submit I have become lost in the topics, words, connection I could share with those reading my prayers. I have let my connection to this world jeopardize my daily communication with you. I worried if I didn't feel some profound thing to say, I shouldn't write anything until I did. However, that wasn't the intent. Rather, I should have been circling prayers around my need to connect with you daily in prayer. It is only through your wisdom have I been able to make connections, draw conclusions, and offer suggestions to coincide with my prayers. However, Father, I became motivated by the former, not the latter. I ask for your forgiveness.

Father God, you are awaiting my communication with you. You never leave me. You're not angered by my behavior. But, I know you are hurt by my actions. You are fully aware of my rationalizing. You are fully aware of my laziness. You are fully aware of my distractions. Yet, you still love me. How do I show my love and appreciation, by hurting you. I pray I continue to recognize the pain cause you. If I were to view you as my worldly father, it breaks my heart knowing I caused you pain. Being my Heavenly Father should be no different. Thank you for your grace and mercy.

I love you.


Source: http://www.pinterest.com/pin/52284045645994618/

No comments:

Post a Comment